Looking for information on Constant Contact 2018 updates? You’re in the right place! Staying on top of the latest trends in email marketing is essential for success and Constant Contact is the resource to do so. Their team is constantly tweaking the service to enhance its overall impact and Clout, turning you into a marketing superstar with less effort.Read More
New to digital marketing? You need to partner with a small business Constant Contact All Star! Let TOCmedia manage all your digital marketing needs.
Why it’s so great to work with TOCmedia:
What is a Constant Contact All Star?
A Constant Contact All Star is a company that goes above and beyond to assist its clients through the digital marketing process, resulting in client success! Each year, only 10% off Constant Contact Solutions Providers are selected for the program. Members gain access toRead More
There is no algorithm for email, and people still check their accounts obsessively. This makes small business email marketing one of the most effective ways to reach clients, generate leads, and boosts profits.
With email, you’re not competing against large companies with bloated advertising budgets for a post on your target audience’s newsfeed. There’s no secret formula for when your email will be received. As soon as you press send, it arrives.Read More
As you may or may not know, TOCmedia is a Solutions Provider for Constant Contact; and, I am a former ALE – also known as Authorized Local Expert. Basically what that means is – I was given the authority by Constant Contact to educate small business owners on their products. I’ve since left the ALE program in my attempt to become location independent.
That said, I miss educating people on the little tidbits of knowledge that I tend to share. So in hopes to continue my legacy, I’ve decided to create this short list of email marketing tips.
Email Marketing Tips (These are in no particular order of importance. They are just numbered to match the blog title.)
Every time I’m in Constant Contact creating and sending emails, I think – more people should to do the following.
1. Include an email subscription button. This can be found under your “Sign Up Tools” which can be found under the “Contacts” tab. The only time you wouldn’t want to do this is when your email is to a specific invite-only email list.
2. Another thing you want to include into your email campaign is a “Forward to a Friend” button or link. Again only add this if you want people to share the information you are providing. By adding the “Forward to a Friend” button, you are able to track email forwards – which is something you want.
3. Constant Contact now lets you add a sub-header to your email campaign. It’s in the header options. Make sure you use this prime real estate property. It’s another way to encourage email opens.
4. Share buttons! This is a no brain-er; but, many people forget to check this off. Again, these are in your header options which are at the top of the email you are editing.
5. Make sure your address is correct so it populates on the bottom of all your emails and other Constant Contact campaigns like Event Registration Deals and Coupons. You can edit your address in the “My Settings”.
6. While you’re in your “Account Settings” you might as well just make sure all the information in there is correct. It will only take about five minutes; so, just do it.
7. Clean your contact lists on a regular basis. Proper email housekeeping requires that you delete any unnecessary contact lists and properly label the contact lists that you decide to keep. You can also utilize tags. For more information on tags, click here.
8. Label your email campaigns so you know what their contents are by just looking at the file name. At TOCmedia, we like to label our emails in this format [yyyy.mm.dd] – Subject Line”. We use the date sent vs. the date created. Note the file name can be edited in the upper left hand corner of the email editing page.
9. Make sure your subject line encourages people to open your email. It should not say “March Newsletter”, “April Newsletter”, etc. You should be writing your email subject lines like newspaper headlines. A quick Google search will give you some knowledge.
10. Make sure your email campaigns are mobile friendly. Constant Contact is transitioning all their email templates to be mobile friendly; but, until then it’s your responsibility to make sure that your email recipients can read your email campaign on their phones with ease. The world is going mobile; so should you.
I have many more tidbits of knowledge that I want to share with you; but, right now I have to get back to my day job.Read More