TOCmedia likes to stay “in the know” on all the latest digital media trends, tools, and tech. We constantly monitor the industry news and round up the most useful coverage to pass on to our client’s.
Here’s the news from February:
An excellent organizational tool, Asana let’s team members collaborate on projects, assign subtasks, and chat in-app. It rolled out a few new features for its mobile app this month. Check them out.
There are a few pricing changes coming up. Here’s the deal:
- Price increases of $5 per plan will take place for most current and all new accounts with 501-10,000 contacts on April 1, 2017.
- Customers who signed up for Constant Contact after November 1, 2016 will not be charged this new price until January 2018.
- Customers whose price increased when they were upgraded to the integrated product experience in 2016 will not be charged this new price until January 2018.
The search engine giant rolled out a few changes:
- Google’s Allo app is finally coming to desktop.
- Google’s internet safety incubator Jigsaw launched a new technology called Perspective intended to clean up comment sections.
- Google to release new keyboard for iPhone.
- Google improves two-step verification on phones providing the time and location of sign-in requests.
- Google to discontinue Site Search, an internal website engine.
- Youtube and Facebook are having their ad metrics independently audited.
The Office wizard is shaking things up:
- Microsoft is adding chat to Office365 to support collaborations.
- Windows10 creator says new update is coming in April.
- Microsoft pushes out critical flash player.
- Due to UK government pressure, Google and Microsoft will deprioritize pirated content in search results.
Here’s what happening:
- Apple is creating a new hub for artificial intelligence research in Seattle, close to where Microsoft is headquartered.
- Apple will be launching the 10th anniversary iPhone this fall. It is expected to include new features such as high-resolution displays, wireless charging, and 3-D sensors.
- Apple announces Apple Park.